- Lack of skills, education, confidence, work experience and aspirations and therefore a lack of opportunities for disadvantaged groups of young people
- Unemployment and unhealthy lifestyles that can include drug and alcohol misuse, obesity, eating disorders and mental health issues
- Truancy and young people who are either on the verge of or have been excluded from school who have a negative view of authoritative figures and education
- Young people from areas of deprivation and disadvantaged groups with complex issues that are preventing them from progressing, including family problems, housing issues, being a young parent, carer, having learning difficulties or disabilities or leaving care
- Youth anti-social behaviour and crime
- A lack of provision for young people after school and during the holidays
We work with approximately 350 young people per year and offer a range of qualifications in mechanics, gardening, catering, issue based group work, literacy and numeracy, IT, life skills and team building. We also offer individual support to help young people overcome their often complex barriers to progressing and we have helped many go on to further education, training and employment. We also offer a free and healthy breakfast and lunch, positive motorsport activities and for our older students the opportunity to work in The TRAX Social Enterprise.